Victoria County Enforcement Lawyer

Do You Need to Enforce a Texas Family Court Order?

Unfortunately, obtaining a family court order is not always followed by the compliance of either party. Orders regarding child custody or support, the division of marital property and debt, alimony, a protective order, or a grandparents’ rights court order can be followed by intentional non-compliance by a parent or ex-spouse. These orders are legally binding and, when one of the parties violates or fails to adhere to its terms, you may need to seek enforcement through further court action. 

If this has happened to you, you can turn to The Pall Law Firm for help. We are dedicated to protecting your legal rights and best interests both during and following the resolution of your family law issue. We understand how frustrating and stressful it can be to having court orders that you have fought for and been granted violated. We will do everything possible to ensure that non-compliance is not tolerated and is corrected by the family court.

Has you suffered a violation of a family court order? Arrange for a confidential consultation with our Victoria County enforcement attorney online or at (361) 298-3435. The Pall Law Firm also serves individuals in the counties of Dewitt, Jackson, Goliad, and Calhoun.

Enforcement of Family Court Orders in Texas

The enforcement of a family law court order falls under Texas Family Code Chapter 157. This law details that the order that was violated must be shown, how the other party violated it, and your request for relief from the court. Relief is based on the order that was violated, such as a request for the amount owed in a violated child support matter, enforcement of the conditions and terms of a child custody decree, or other relief based on the applicable court order. 

Your options in enforcing court orders can include:

  • Direct communication with the violating party
  • Communication to the party or his or her attorney by your attorney, such as in a letter
  • Filing a motion for enforcement with the court that has jurisdiction over the matter

If you file an enforcement motion with the court, a hearing can follow in which the judge can listen to testimony and review the evidence of the non-compliance. Courts may hold the violator in contempt of court as well as order any applicable action, such as order payments of delinquent child support or alimony, award additional time with children when wrongly denied legal visitation time, or turn over assets or property that were withheld from you in a property settlement. Offenders who violate a family violence protective order can also be charged with a misdemeanor crime punishable by probation, jail time of up to a year, and/or a fine of up to $4,000 for a first offense. Subsequent offenses are punished more harshly. 

As you can see, prevailing in an enforcement court action requires properly documented evidence of non-compliance which may include witnesses to the acts of the non-compliance. At The Pall Law Firm, we can provide the representation you need to in any type of enforcement action, including formal filings, case preparation, and arguing on behalf of your legal rights before a judge.

Get legal advice and assistance with enforcement by contacting a team member online or at (361) 298-3435 today. 

  • “I had a family member use Ashley for a legal situation, and she was very professional in the entire situation. I would highly recommend her to friends if that were seeking legal advice.” - Mariah L.
  • “She followed up on everything that she stated she would follow up on, and kept in contact on everything. Very realistic about the outcome.” - Dawn L.
  • “She is more concerned about the client and is very compassionate. She always has the best interest for her clients.” - Nicole P.